Loss Control Services: On-Site Visit
The partnership between our loss control representatives and customers is multi-faceted. One of the primary services we provide is an on-site visit. Here’s some of what is covered during the on-site loss control visit:
- Survey of overall loss control procedures to note strengths and weaknesses.
- Review of current formal loss control programs.
- Review of various aspects of your operation to ensure compliance and offer guidance with respect to DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Inspection of your fleet to note pre and post-trip inspection practices, as well as defects (bad tires, lights, etc.) that may increase your risk of loss and/or roadside inspection violations.
- Inspection of your warehouse, office, and perimeter to evaluate housekeeping, security, and other areas.
- Review of hiring/retention practices, as this is the number one exposure in the trucking industry.
- Evaluation of vehicle maintenance policies and procedures; another top exposure of trucking companies.
- Review of training programs (orientation, required certifications, and other ongoing training).
- Detailed analysis of your claims under all lines of coverage to determine problem trends and other issues impacting your claims frequency and costs.
- Suggestions for improving deficient areas. Our goal is to reduce your risk of loss through a proactive approach to loss control.
We are committed to helping you achieve loss control success!